Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Blue Lakes

Each year pretty much the same group of guys goes up to the sierras to do guy stuff, but mostly fish. This was the first year that I remember my brother not making it and frankly it was a different event without him. But all-in-all you can't go wrong sitting in a pretty comfortable chair with the pole secured and your line in the water. Usually there is massive quantities of beer consumed, stories told. Often the campfire resembles the scene in Blazing Saddles without the cowboy hats. This is the first year in many that I have tent camped, taking the tent that Theresa used at Girl Scout camp, it turned out to be shorter than I imagined, so I stayed in the same tent as Pieter. Having a bear visit the campsite I felt pretty safe because no bear in his right-mind would have come close to our tent... again the scene from Blazing Saddles. We took a field trip to Markleeville and Grover Hot Springs where we were able to get 3 days of campfire and stink off us.

No comments:

Post a Comment