Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where is the Tie-Dyed Mini?


By now you've seen a bunch of MiniCoopers around and they aren't the novelty they were in 2002 when I bought it. HOWEVER, the unique aspect of having a Mini that is Tie-Dyed is that everywhere you go, people look at the car. I had it wrapped with the Tie-Dye in the summer of 2003 and it remained that way until this summer. It really was showing it's age and I decided to take it off. The color was still bright and vibrant over much of the car, but the hood was really starting to crack (and ultimately was the toughest to remove).Vinyl is designed to be on a vehicle for no more than 4 years, but I had it on there for 6! So the car is still here, (and I still use it) but it's the original Indy Blue. I feel like nobody loves me anymore, because I used to drive around with one hand on the wheel, ready to wave at the many, many folks that would wave at me. Almost EVERY school bus, Police, Sheriff, kids that would stare and point (at least I think they were staring, pointing and laughing at the car and not me). I had the car wrapped with Hullabaloo on it, advertising the concert in Sacramento for a while and that was fun, but it wasn't tie-dyed.
So, I need to know, should the tie-dye come back? Or, should I go in another direction. I now own the printer that will print out the wrap, so it's a matter of design and application.
What do you think, should the tie-dye return?
John

1 comment: